Friday, December 23, 2011

What do I want for Christmas?

World peace?  Money?  Riches beyond whatever I could ever imagine?  These seem to be standardized answers that people have used for years.  And many are still trying to accomplish at least one of these.  I am thankful for what I have because it has been provided for me by God.  I have been lucky that most of my needs have been met by prayer and faith.  They may have not been what I wanted at the time, but they were surely what I needed.  I am very blessed and don't mind sharing that with others.  I have friends and family support.  I have more love in my life than I can ever use and would not trade it for anything.  Look at the people who have riches.  They are miserable.  They don't seem to ever have enough money.  Some will do anything for money and recognition.  I look at those who seem to have it all and wonder if I had those riches, would I be any different?  You bet I would.  There are churches that need to be built that teach salvation.  There are missions that need support, and do what they can with the little that they have.  This year, my church did the shoeboxes for Christmas.  My family did two, one for a boy and one for a girl.  How many children or families don't have homes to celebrate Christmas?  How many children will not get a gift for Christmas?  More importantly, how many families will not celebrate Christmas with a church presence?  Our world is in a sad state these days.  If you have studied your Bible, you would know that the "end of days" is upone us.  This Christmas, the greatest gift that I have received is my salvation and knowing that I will spend eternity with my God.  I am not ready to go, but when my turn comes, I hope I am in the front of the line waiting to cross into those Golden Gates of Heaven.  I am proud to celebrate the birth of our Saviour.  He is the Reason for the Season.

No comments: