Friday, December 30, 2011

To resolute or not....

Have you made your New Year's Resolution(s)?  I try to keep mine simple.  I have favorites I use every year just like everyone else, whether they admit it or not.  I feel like keeping mine secret sometimes.  When someone asks, I just smile and turn the conversation back in their direction.  It's really pretty simple.  I always use "I am going to lose weight this year."  Notice there is not a specified amount.  One pound lost, and I have met that goal.  Or how about "I'm going to try and save some money this year."  Another non-specific amount.  Hey.  I think you are catching on!  I can't resolve to take better of my animals.  They let me live with them.  And they are spoiled beyond belief.  I am going to try to witness to others more.  I am blessed that I have the relationship that I do with God.  He blesses me daily, even when I don't ask.  Each day, I turn everything to Him and invite Him to lead the way for me.  The only thing He expects me to do is follow.  That is not always the easiest thing to do, but easy is not what I expect.  It has never been easy for me, but I have been blessed so much lately.  The power of prayer never ceases to amaze me.  There is a line on one of Sugarland's songs---"Girl, don't forget what your knees are for."  But you can pray anytime and anywhere.  You should never be embarrassed to pray.  I pray in public all the time.  People around you don't even notice.  They are too busy with whatever they are doing.  If they do know I am praying, maybe that is the inspiration they need to start.  I have noticed more people praying over their food in public.  We should all be proud of our Salvation.  Never be ashamed to be a child of God.  It is a wonderful thing when the Holy Spirit fills your body.  It is a wonderful thing to know you are never alone, no matter where you are.

No comments: