Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Really!!!!!

I had an old boyfriend who called a friend of mine to find out where I was.  He told her I was the best thing that ever happened to him, and he couldn't believe that he let me go.  He said he thought there was someone better out there.  Reality check.  I did not sit around and wait for him "to come to his senses."  After two divorces (the first one drowned after marrying someone who was much, much younger and no I did not have anything to do with it and the second who thought the grass was greener and tried to prove it many, many times) and two children that are now grown, I think I might just smack him if I ever come in direct contact with him again.  If I was the "best thing that ever happened to him," why did he feel it necessary to go and try to find "someone better?"  I could have told him right up front that there was not anyone out there that was better than me.  Hello.  I don't know if he would have made a good husband or not.  He also liked the ladies.  I seem to attract men who do not know what it is to love someone.  And sometimes I wonder if I ever really loved or was in love with the idea of being in love.  That is something to think about.  You have to be able to give and take, not give and give and give and not get anything in return.  You have to be able to put another person before yourself and to share everything, even your darkest secrets (be realistic--not all of them).  Some secrets you can't share with just anyone.  You have to have memories that only you know.  No one is entitled to know everything about you.  You never know who your real friends are!

No comments: