Saturday, December 24, 2011

Christmas Eve 2011

Another year has passed.  I did not realize how as you got older, the time really does fly by.  But that can be a good thing.  Spring will be here before you know it.  Then summer and so on.  I am spinding Christmas Eve by myself tonight.  My daughter and grandson are in Georgia visiting other family.  We had our Christmas on my birthday, (Dec. 21), the night before they left.  Shaun got an e-mail from Santa letting him know that he will be leaving his presents in Georgia.  I am enjoying the quiet.  And I miss all the commotion and 8 year old and his mother can make.  Drama takes a new meaning at my house.  You would think a little boy would not be dramatic.  Think again.  Shaun can beat most little divas in a heart beat.  I don't remember drama as being a part of my life.  My dad did not allow drama.  He did not allow a lot of things, but I think I turned out all right.  I love children.  I could sit and watch them and listen to them converse forever, I think.  The innocence is amazing.  The trust is unimaginable.  If everyone could see the world through the eyes of a child, what this world could be.  There would not be any limits to the things that could be accomplished.  How simple things could be. Maybe the children should be the leaders of our country.  We haven't done such a good job.  We could all use a little fantsy in our life.  Reality is not all it is cut out to be.

No comments: