Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Broken heart

Today my heart is breaking.  My precious Emily Sue is gone to doggy heaven.  I love you so much.  I already miss you, and you've barely been gone an hour.  I know you are in a better place, but it is so hard to let you go.  I have all those wonderful memories of you.  I have many pictures of you.  I have some of your hair, and most of your teeth.  Your last couple of days you spent in excrutiating pain from your arthritis.  Your medication was not working anymore.  You were on the strongest medication available for your condition.  It was so hard to watch you suffer, but even harder to make the decision that had to be made.  I know you were ready.  I could see it in your face.  I love you too much to watch you suffer like you were.  I will never forget the yelps of pain whenever you moved or whenever I tried to pick you up.  I prayed for you and for God to give me the strength to do what needed to be done.  When the Dr. gave you the pain medication, I could see the relief that came over your face.  You were so comfortable and peaceful--something you hadn't experienced in a long, long time.  I think you had been trying to tell me how much pain you were in for awhle, but I was not ready to let you go.  I am still not ready to let you go, but that is not fair to you.  I know that you are not in any pain now.  I can just see you running and jumping in doggy heaven, something you have not been able to do much lately.  You run and jump and play with all your friends, my precious baby.  Meme is there to watch over you until I get there.  You were with her when she died.  She has been waiting for you to come to her.  I love you enough to let you go to that wonderful place where there is not any pain.  A place of beauty where you can enjoy the pleasures of your life that you have not enjoyed for some time now.  I will honor your memory forever.  Never forget that your mother loves you and always will.  Rest in Peace, my baby girl.  You will live in my heart forever.  Until we meet again...

No comments: